A couple of days ago, I went rootling round in my handbag for a lipstick, thinking I would maybe have one or two hanging around in the bottom of my bag that I could quickly whack on. Well little did I know I’d come across nine – nine! – different lip products in there. Who knew that many lipsticks and lip liners and lip balms (oh my!) could even fit down in there?
Anywho, I thought I’d take the opportunity to give you a quick run down on all of the different lip items I discovered deep down in that handbag of mine, offering up a mini review of each item, if that makes sense.
So, here we go…
* Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum and Berry Smoothie: I’m a big old fan of these lip butters – I think I have about six in total? – but these two are my all-time favourite shades. Both are berry-toned, both are universally flattering, and the formula of each is nourishing and easy to wear.
* Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Bordeaux: I bought this shade on a bit of a whim, and I have to admit it’s a tad too dark for me for this time of year. The formula however is pretty great – incredibly pigmented, the perfect demi-matte mix, and nice and light on the lips.
* Revlon Colorstay Lip Liner in Plum: I love this bad boy, it goes with all of my deeper, darker lip shades, and ensures they don’t bleed awkwardly into the skin around my mouth. Ideal!
* Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Keep It Classy: I cannot describe just how much I love this bad boy. It’s just so excellent. Pigmented, easy to apply, good formula, nourishing, yet matte. Just perfect!
* Lipstick Queen in Jean Queen: This is just one of those really easy peasy nude lipsticks that I know will work no matter what else I’m wearing that day. It’s a fairly sheer formula, feels nice and nourishing when I use it, and all in all is just a super simple fall-back that I know I can always rely on.
* Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion: I find the deep plummy berry color of this product really flattering, and find that it adds a really nice sophisticated dimension to an outfit. If ever I need to jazz up my look – like if I want to head out after work, but can’t be bothered to change or re-apply a whole heap of make up, this is the product that I turn to.
* MAC Brick-o-la and Plumful: Two of my all-time favorite lipsticks, ever. Both are incredibly flattering shades, both are wonderfully pigmented formulas, and both are nice and long-lasting. Of all the lip products featured in this post, I think these two are probably my top picks.
So there you go – hopefully if you are in the market for any new lip shades, these mini reviews might help!