This is it ladies and gents, the final few hours of 2014. And, as I said yesterday, what a year it has been.
I hope you all have a fantastic New Year’s celebration, no matter what it is that you choose to do.
* Zoeva Rose Gold Brush Set – before this year, Zoeva wasn’t really a brand that I had heard much about. And when I first spied this beautiful brush set, I have to admit I was more interested in their stunning appearance than any other aspect of them. But then I gave ’em all a whirl and realised that, not only are they incredibly pretty, they’re also seriously super in terms of quality. Needless to say, I see this brand being a big old part of this coming year too.
* Claire’s Flat Kabuki Brush – when thinking about top beauty brands, Claire’s might not be the most obvious one that springs to mind. However, after trying out a few of their beauty bits and pieces during the last year, I have to say, for such a budget brand, they ain’t half bad. And this brightly-coloured brush has, in all honesty, been pretty much all I’ve used to apply my foundation during the past 12 months. Thanks to the densely-packed bristles, it creates a flawless, airbrushed look with the minimal amount of effort.
* Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush – this bad boy was a birthday present from G last January, and has been one of my favourites ever since. The super soft bristles are brilliant when it comes to applying blusher and it washes really well.
* Diptyque Eau Duelle – I’ve spoken about this perfume so many times during the past 12 months, I really won’t bore you all again with another endless ramble. Suffice to say, this slightly spicy vanilla scent is just awesome.
* Bath and Body Works 3-Wick Candles – I don’t think I can say enough good things about these candles. They are all enormous, they give off a huge whack of fragrance, which lingers subtly long after they have finished burning, and the price point is pretty ruddy superb. Plus the scent range is huge so you are almost guaranteed to find at least one which suits your tastes.
* Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil – I’m such a huge fan of these lip pencils, I’m actually slightly devastated that I didn’t pick up more before heading on over here to the US, where they don’t appear to have materialised for some bizarre reason?! Either way, these demi-matte lip products are so excellent in every way; pigmentation, staying power and formula.
* Kate Moss x Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 30 – another lip product that I have been completely obsessed with this year. The colour is one of those beautiful shades that seems to suit every skintone and the incredibly-pigmented formula means applying it is a breeze.
* Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer – I picked this up in a Glossybox earlier in the year and haven’t used another primer since. The consistency is unlike any other product I’ve tried; it has none of the silicone-y feel that so many other smoothing primers do, and yet still manages to smooth the skin and conceal any unsightly pores.
* Sleek Make Up Face Contour Kit – I’ll be honest, I have a fair few contour products hidden in my beauty stash, but this is the only one that I really reach for. It’s just so incredibly easy to use; the shade doesn’t create any awkward orange patches, the formula is long-lasting and it applies really easily. Plus, it’s incredibly cheap!
* By Terry Ombre Blackstar – I have two of these eyeshadow sticks at the moment (Bronze Moon and Misty Rock, if you were wondering) and have worn both of them down to tiny stubs thanks to my unwavering obsession with them. Both shades are just beautiful and manage to stay on the lids for hours on end without any creasing.
* Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner – I admit it, I was ever so slightly terrified of liquid liner before this year. Seriously, I just didn’t go near it. And then I invested in this eyeliner – and it was like all my liquid liner dreams had come true. Smooth, ultra black and easy to apply, it makes the whole cat flick hell as easy as can be.
* Studio 10 Beauty Brow Lift Perfecting Liner – another product that I’ve been pretty faithful too throughout this year, the Studio 10 brow liner is the only product that I’ve found that actually matches my ash-toned brows. Plus, with a handy highlighter on one end, it not only helps to define your eyebrows, but also accentuate your brow bones.
* Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer – while I’m still a big old fan of the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, I have to admit that this product has managed to steal away my affections somewhat, despite the much heftier price tag. The formula is incredibly creamy, yet it manages to provide some seriously impressive coverage that hangs around all day long.
* Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette – the perfect palette. Honestly. Shade-wise, formula-wise, everything-wise.
* Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation – this beautifully nourishing foundation formula has been a firm favourite for months now. It provides the perfect amount of coverage without looking in the least bit cake-y and matches my skintone pretty darn well too.
* Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes Mascara – as you may have noticed, Tarte has been a pretty big brand for me again this year, having first made its way into my beauty bag in 2013. And with the exception of a brief dalliance with the Fairydrops Scandal Queen mascara, has been the only thing applied to my lashes since it was first purchased.
* Absolute New York Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer – while I wasn’t convinced by the formula of this primer when I first started using it – it’s a bit thinner than the NARS and Urban Decay alternatives that I was most used to – I quickly changed my mind when I saw what an awesome effect it had on my shadow. Just a few swipes of this and my eye products last all day without a single crease or smudge.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I hope 2015 brings you a immense amount of love, happiness and joy.