And while I know Thanksgiving might seem like an odd time to post such a Christmassy post, I thought it would be good to get my first gift guide of the year out there sooner rather than later so that y’all can take advantage of all those Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that will be on offer over the weekend.
So, the first part of this year’s guide? Beauty, of course. What else would it be?
PS I’ve tried to gather some good gift ideas from both sides of the Atlantic; hopefully there’s something in here for everyone!
1. This Works Dream Team £10 A mini dose of the snooze-inducing Pillow Spray and Stress Less roll-on. Both are so soothing and calming, they are a must for anyone in need of a relaxing night’s sleep.
2. Philosophy Snow Angel Ornament $7 Yet another sample sized product that will look oh-so cute hanging up on your tree. Plus, this limited edition fragrance smells amazing and is supposed to conjure up images of ‘sweetly fallen snow’.
4. Tarte Ladies Who Lash Limited Edition Picture Perfect Eye Lash Curler Set $19 While no eyelash curler can take the place of my favourite Shu Uemera beauty, this bad boy is the one that has come the closest and the facts that it a) comes with one of my all-time top mascaras and b) has been given a snazzy Christmas makeover are just added bonuses.
6. Bobbi Brown Warm Eye Make Up Palette £35 Yes, that’s right, another eyeshadow palette. But c’mon. Just look at it.
7. Hourglass Ambrient Lighting Blush Palette $56 The last of the palette line-up is one that I’ve been lusting after myself for quite some time now so I can only hope that a few of you are lucky enough to find it under your trees this Christmastime.
8. Sephora Favourites Skin Wonderland Set $56 A whole heap of some of Sephora’s most-loved beauty brands have offered up a sample of their favourite skincare product for this selection, including Caudalie, Clarins and Ole Henriksen.
9. Diptyque Winter Scented Candle £45 Every year at around this time, I get an overwhelming urge to go out and buy a Diptyque candle and this year is no exception that rule. Particularly when it comes to this limited edition candle which is without a doubt one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. And it smells pretty darn great.
10. Aromatherapy Associates The Star £10 This is one that is leftover from last year – but I couldn’t resist throwing it on the list again. Whoever you give this to on Christmas Day is in for some seriously great pamper- and relaxing
11. Benefit Beauty Bon Bons Gift Set £36 How sweet is this little house!? I love it so much – plus it contains a number of Benefit’s most brilliant (and most popular) products, including Hoola, High Beam and the Porefessional.
12. Ciate Candy Cane Collection £25 So yes, in case you hadn’t noticed, I’m slightly obsessed with beauty products that come dolled up in little fake houses! In all seriousness though, this nail polish collection contains a delightful array of festive shimmers that is sure to keep you occupied until lunch.
13. Josie Maran Winter Dreams Argan Skincare Collection $39 The equivalent of a warm scarf and pom pom hat for your skin, this collection of argan-infused products will ensure that you are totally covered and protected from the chilly weather…
14. NARS NARSissist All Eyes on You Eyeshadow Palette £31.50 So I may have lied when I said that there were no more palettes… But I feel liek this one can get away with it because it actually comes complete with an eyeshadow brush and an eyeliner, making it your one-stop shop to the perfect holiday make up look.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! xx