I don’t know about you guys but flying absolutely destroys my skin. Destroys it. Post-flight – particularly the long-haul ones – I’m left with dry skin, angry blemishes, oily patches and a dull, lacklustre complexion. It’s quite the sight, I’m tellin’ ya.
In an attempt to stem – or perhaps even prevent…! – all that nastiness, I’ve developed a bit of an in-flight skincare ritual which works to provide my skin with as much TLC as possible while I’m in the air. Stored away in my brand new, super fancy Anya Hindmarch In-Flight Transit Case (£150), each of the products was chosen to tackle a different skincare concern.
And, because of the snazzy case design, I also got to take some ‘Touch Down’ make up essentials to help hide the horror of my airplane face when I landed at JFK…
So, we’ll start with the ‘Take Off’ essentials:
- A travel pack of face wipes to remove any make up and airport grime
- A refreshing face toner – the Caudalie Beauty Elixir is my one and only in this instance
- Some kind of intensive moisturiser – Weleda Skin Food is one of my favourites
- And/or a face oil
- A moisturising mask. I took and used the Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Sheet Mask, much to the horror of my fellow passengers who must have thought I was trying on my Halloween costume early
- Hand cream
- Cuticle oil
- Spot treatment – just in case any in-air blemishes decide to appear, which they did
- A soothing treatment, such as the This Works Sleep Balm or the Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate. Anything that will help you to feel more calm and relaxed during the flight
As you can see – there’s a lot of hydrating goodness in that line-up… And a mere seven hours later, the products had all worked their moisturising magic and I was gearing up to land in JFK.
The ‘Touch Down’ essentials (depends on if you can be bothered with make up or not!):
- Concealer to hide any blemishes/dark circles
- Powder to add some additional coverage and tone down any redness
- Blusher to help boost some colour if you’re feeling a bit tired and pale
- Bronzer to do the same – thank goodness for my travel size Nars Laguna Bronzer
- Eyeshadow, if you’re really feeling fancy
- Eyeliner and mascara, ditto – the travel size Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes is a dream
- A tinted lip balm such as the Revlon Lip Butter in Papaya
- Your favourite fragrance, scent or body spray, preferably in travel size
So, there you have it. Just remember to keep all your liquids under 100ml, sit back and enjoy the flight. It’s the destination that’s the thing…