With the cold winter weather now well and truly here, I’ve fully committed to a wardrobe that is almost entirely dedicated to keeping me warm and toasty. I’ve pulled out some old favourites, while embracing some new purchases and – after pulling together a few of my winter favourites – have begun to notice a few patterns emerging in my winter wardrobe…
So, with that in mind, I bring you, my top trends for autumn:
* Tartan – goodness gracious I love a good bit of tartan. In a scarf, skirt, a shirt; you name it and I’ll undoubtedly wear it. Favourite tartan items currently include a Zara scarf, an ASOS dress and an adorable Topshop shirt that just screams cosy winter warmer
* Velvet – it might seem a bit retro to some, but to me, there’s nothing more festive than a cheeky bit of velvet. Granted, in large quantities it might be a bit over-the-top, but when styled in the right way, it’s just bloody great
* Burgundy – every winter, without fail, I spy a heft amount of burgundy clothing sneaking its way into my wardrobe. A scarf here, a hoodie there, it’s just such a wonderful winter colour. I think I’ve worn my M&S leggings to shreds but I just can’t bring myself to throw them away… replacement suggestions welcome y’all
* Red and green – not necessarily a Christmas-themed colour combination, although I’ll take some festive fun any day, but rather one which just brings about a bit of winter cheer. A deep forest green paired with a toned down red and you’ve got yourself a winning winter formula
* Headbands – velvet, wool, fur… The options are endless. Ideal for keeping the ears warm, hiding hair that isn’t perhaps feeling up to par and adding a little somethin’ somethin’ to an outfit. All round winners in my eyes
So, there you have it. Perhaps not particularly groundbreaking it has to be said! I’d love to hear your suggestions for your favourite winter wardrobe pieces too – drop me a comment or a Tweet and let me know what items you can’t live without during the colder months!