That’s right ladies and gentlemen, Christmas is just around the corner and, for a lot of us, that means it’s time to start picking out those perfect presents for our nearest and dearest and – if we’re lucky – putting together a wishlist for Santa in the hopes that he might leave something superb under your tree.
So, with the festive spirit in mind, I’ve put together a couple of gift guides to cater to even the trickiest of customers, from high-end to Secret Santa-style penny savers, there’s something here for everyone.
I’ll be bringing a gift guide to you every week from now until Christmas – including a last-minute shopping selection for any of you doing the desperate dash come Christmas Eve. But for now, starting off with what I know best, I bring you the luxury beauty gift guide…
1. Nars At First Sight Eye & Cheek Palette £45 – Christmas is the perfect time to splash out on a palette and this offering from Nars ticks all the boxes for me. A beautiful neutral shade range perfect for creating an every day look
2. Anna Sui x ASOS Minnie Mouse Make Up Set £48 – Another cute Christmas set in the form of this limited edition collaboration between Anna Sui and ASOS. Inspired by the colours behind Disney’s iconic Minnie Mouse, the bright red lipstick is the perfect ruby shade for the festive season
3. YSL La Laque Couture Colour Collection £395 – Probably never going to happen – have you seen that price?! – but a girl can dream, right? I mean, just get a peak at that colour collection. Just beautiful *sigh*
4. Dior Duo Manicure Bijoux £30 – The most beautiful at-home Christmas manicure. A bit of metallic shimmer, some pearlescent texture; what more could you want?
5. This Works Perchance to Dream Set £63 – Ensure your loved ones the most peaceful of sleeps this Christmas with this set stuffed full of the most sublimely scented sleep-inducing aids. The pillow spray is a personal favourite and will no doubt be spritzed generously over my pillow come Christmas Eve
6. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Christmas Edition £75 – One of my favourite fragrances has been given a festive make-over. How could I resist?
7. Diptyque Winter Fragrances Candle Set £60 – I love a good candle at any time of year but come winter and Christmas, I go a bit candle crazy. This trio of mini candles in some of Diptyque’s most popular scents will ensure any house remains full of winter warmth all day long
8. Diptyque Orange Chai Candle £45 – Every year without fail Diptyque create the most luxurious limited edition Christmas fragrances and this year is no exception. Of the three, it’s the Orange Chai scent that has captured my attention – spicy, warm and subtly fruity, it’s quite literally Christmas in a candle
9. Jo Malone Christmas Stocking £180 – The Jo Malone Christmas specials are always a must-browse (sadly due to the price tag they’re not always a must-buy) and this year there are two offerings which have caught my eye. First up, this Christmas stocking which is as beautiful on the outside as it is inside. What I would give to find this festive treat hanging upon the fireplace this Christmas…
10. Ciate Mini Mani Advent Calendar £42 – This gift is more intended as a pre-Christmas treat and oh boy what a treat it is. A new nail polish shade for every day of the advent leading up to Christmas. Yes please
11. NARS Promiscuous Lip Pencil Coffret £30 – A lip colour for every occasion. There are four matte and one velvet gloss option within this pout-worthy pouch; that’s all your Christmas lip colour covered
12. Sephora Superstars Set $75 – I was a bit reluctant to include this on my list as it’s only available for purchase in the US – an even then it’s bloody hard to find – but I just couldn’t resist. I mean, look at it. Full to the brim of Sephora’s most superb products, it includes everything any beauty lover could ever want. Trust me, if you know anyone who lives in the US who might be Christmas shopping for you this year – this needs to be on your list
13. Jo Malone Christmas Cracker £30 – A slightly more thrifty Jo Malone option this time round in the form of the ultra-cute Crimbo cracker. Packed with a trio of tasty Jo Malone minis, it’s a bloody brilliant alternative to the usual joke-and-hat-stuffed versions usually adorning the dinner table
14. Rodial Stemcell Super-food Kit £65 – Rodial is one of those brands that I spend hours lusting over whenever I wander into Space NK but I can never bring myself to splash out on any of the products. However, I was lucky enough to receive a small pot of the Stemcell Super-food Cleanser in a goody bag a while back and oh boy. What a wonder. Sadly though, that pot is long gone and now I’m desperate to add the complete collection to my stash… Nourishing and hydrating, these products are the perfect antidote to the bitter winter weather and its negative skin side effects
15. Bobbi Brown Evening Out Set £80 – Goodness gracious I love a good make up set and this beautifully packaged collection hits the nail on the head for me. Aimed at providing an all-in-one eye look for an evening out on the town, it has a whole host of eyeshadow shades and a mascara to boot, all folded up in a nifty black case. Speedy make up on the go? Check
16. Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood Collection Travel Brush Set £89 – Another chic offering from Bobbi Brown featuring a slimmed-down selection of their best brushes, made mini for handy on-the-go use
17. Tom Ford Deluxe 12-Piece Brush Set £650 – If you are really rich and feel like making one of your beauty-loving friends as happy as can be this Christmas – this is for you. If not, enjoy a quick peek… It’s a seriously lust-worthy collection
18. & 19. Origins M0isturise and Be Merry set £40 & Origins All Is Bright set £30 – I’m a huge Origins fan and love any opportunity to share my Origins obsession with everyone I can. The various beauty sets that they bring out each Christmas are perfect for any long-term fans of the brand, as well as anyone who wants to try some products out for the first time. There are loads of options available but these two are my favourites for their mega moisturising and brilliantly brightening qualities repsectively
20. Laura Mercier Body and Bath Luxury Quartet in Almond Coconut £60 – I cannot get over how amazing this scent from Laura Mercier is and every year, without fail, I make sure to snap up at least one of the LM candles, which seem to only be available at Christmas. Get in there quick y’all, they tend to disappear pretty speedily
21. Aromatherapy Associates Festive Collection £35 Christmas, no matter how hard we try, can sometimes be quite a stressful occasion. The ideal antidote to that? This selection of amazingly scented bath and shower oils. Just a couple of drops either in a bath or lathered onto your skin and you’ll feel the whole world melting away… Aaaaaaah
22. Laura Mercier Luxe Caviar Stick Eye Colour Collection £55 – Eyeshadow perfection as far as I’m concerned. An amazing shade selection featuring the most beautiful bronze shades. The perfect present to pop under the tree for your loved ones this Christmas
23. Nails Inc Nail Polish Diary £42 – Another, slightly more affordable, collection of nail polishes, including a variety of finishes and effects. Anyone hoping to bulk up their polish collection should definitely think about popping this bad boy on their Christmas wish list this year
24. Kevyn Aucoin The Essential Eyeshadow Set £43 – I tip my hat to Kevyn Aucoin for creating this eyeshadow palette-y perfection. A range of colours ideal for shading, colouring and blending and all would work perfectly to create either a day or night look. Plus, as with all KA products, you just know the quality is going to be perfection
25. Yves Saint Laurent Bright Eyes Gift Set £48.50 – In case you hadn’t noticed by now, I’m something of a sucker for these gift sets, particularly when you get such great value for money as with this one here. Some of YSL’s top-selling products, each aimed at making your eyes sparkle this festive season. Boxing Day hangover bags, be gawn
26. Benefit Primed for Lovin Set £44.50 – Last but not least, another gift set. Surprise surprise! Another great value gift option from Benefit this time. And no, before you ask, I didn’t pick it just because of its funny name. At least it wasn’t just for that reason…