* 1 – origins drink up intensive mask * 2 – kiehl’s lip balm #1 * 3 – jergens original beauty lotion * 4 – liz earle brightening treatment mask * 5 – neom organics tranquillity bath foam * 6 – la roche posay nutritic * 7 – yes! nurse hand cream * 8 – ojon rare blend hair oil * 9 – tresemme keratin smooth hair mask * 10 – ole henriksen fresh start eye creme *
Winter has so many amazing aspects – incredible foliage, Christmas, my birthday, snugly knitwear – but while I love this time of year for so many reasons, the inevitable frosty chill tends to wreak havoc on my skin and hair every year.
There are some key products that I have come to rely on each year to see me through the wintry months and I thought I would share a few favourites with you. Each of these products are sure to provide you with some much-needed relief from the bitter chill currently in the air (my car said it was -2 this morning, -2!), while helping you to maintain a bit of luxury in your life throughout the winter months.
* Origins Drink Up Intensive Face Mask – an overnight treatment that will nourish and refresh your face, leaving your skin feeling perfectly moisturised and healthy come morning. Ideal for all skin types, even those who suffer from problem oiliness
* Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 – a long-time beauty favourite, this lip balm keeps your lips feeling nourished and smooth, perfect from some under-the-mistletoe pucker-up action
* Jergens Original Beauty Lotion – a wallet-friendly moisturiser that smells heavenly and leaves your skin feeling soft and well-cared for. The incredible cherry almond scent lingers lightly on your skin for hours; the only downside being it leaves you with an uncontrollable craving for cherry bakewells
* Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask – this one actually comes from a recommendation from a close friend who loves this mask so much she went so far as to call it her one and only beauty must-have. Given the number of products lining her bathroom shelves that’s a pretty solid review! This is the perfect product for those whose skin feels a bit lacklustre or dull during the winter months. A quick dose of this mask will leave you feeling “much brighter, healthier and happier” – what more could you ask for! Definitely one for my Christmas list
* NEOM Organics Tranquillity Bath Foam – I’m not a huge bath lover and will more often than not plump for the option of a hot shower, however even I can’t resist the luxurious lavender scent of this amazing bath foam. Post-bath you are left in a state of sheer bliss, while your skin has been treated to an incredibly beneficial soak, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and ready to face the blustery conditions outside (or perhaps a nice lie-in under the covers, the choice is yours!)
* La Roche Posay Nutritic for Very Dry Skin – this product is an ideal antidote for chapped skin and will cure any severe dryness and discomfort that some may suffer at the hands of the wind and the rain. Rich and thick without feeling stifling, this is a must-have for anyone feeling the negative effects of the bitter winter winds
* Yes! Nurse Hand Cream – I love a good dollop of hand cream and, as my colleagues will tell you, am religious about ensuring I keep those hands moisturised throughout the day. I’ve been through tube after tube searching for the perfect product but when this landed on my doorstep I knew I had found ‘the one’. The only handcream to leave me feeling deeply moisturised, without leaving a feeling of excess “greasiness”, this product is a serious must-have addition to any handbag/desktop/washbag
* Ojon Rare Blend Hair Oil – now I’m not sure about anyone else, but my hair hates the winter. It becomes lifeless, dull and, dare I say it, ever so slightly crunchy at the ends during the colder months. However, thanks to this amazing wonder oil, these (rather gross) hair problems are a thing of the past. Nourishing and gentle, this product soaks beautifully into your hair without feeling heavy or greasy. While the price may put some people off, it does last a while as you only need the tiniest drops for every use. Well worth the investment if you ask me
* Tresemme Keratin Smooth Hair Mask – another one of my go-to winter hair products of late is this thick, rich hair mask from Tresemme. Another wallet-friendly wonder, this product nourishes and thickens without the use of any additional chemicals. Ideal for any hair that might be lacking a bit of bounce and shine this winter
*Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Cream – my eyes are one of my biggest beauty woes. Between the bags and the puffiness, it often feels as though I’m walking around with my eyes half-shut! This eye cream – recommended to me by a friend from across the pond – completely refreshes and replenishes, helping me to battle the bags and fight the symptoms of tiredness that plague my morning beauty routines! Thick and rich, this product will last you for months on end
There you have it! What winter wonders do you rely on? Recommendations and suggestions are always welcome!